Should You Prepare Your Heater for Summer?
Spring is the season when you plant flowers and schedule air conditioning maintenance. It’s also a great time to check on your heater. By preparing your heat pump or furnace for summer, everything will be in order when you need extra warmth on a cold morning. Here are a few end-of-season maintenance tasks that will safeguard your heating system during the long cooling season in Columbus, Georgia.
Spring and Summer Heating Maintenance
- Inspect and replace the filter in your air handler or return grill at the end of the heating season and once every 30 to 90 days during the summer.
- Clean the area around your indoor and outdoor units to improve airflow and reduce potential safety hazards.
- Spring and fall heat pump maintenance is important because the equipment does double duty. Schedule a tuneup before you switch over to the air conditioning mode.
- Furnaces and central air conditioners share one air handler, so this unit should be serviced in the spring. Your technician will check the bearings, lubricate moving parts and tighten belts and electrical connections.
- You can avoid the fall rush by having your heater serviced in the summer. Inspections can detect cracks in the heat exchanger and vents that could release harmful carbon monoxide into your home.
- If your heating system isn’t performing well, now is the time to consider a replacement. Your Indoor Solutions technician can help you decide whether the unit should be repaired or replaced. We offer free estimates on repairs and installation.
- Have your technician clean out seasonal humidifiers that work in conjunction with your heating system. Spring is a good time to flush your boiler.
- Sometimes, homeowners turn off the gas and pilot light for their furnace or hybrid heating system. Your technician can recommend the best option to prevent corrosion and avoid potential problems.
Scheduling Seasonal Tuneups
You can learn more about our annual service agreements and heat pump maintenance plans online. If you’re ready to schedule an appointment, call Indoor Solutions Inc. at 706-225-8241.